Congratulations at arriving at the happy stage of contemplating a Catholic sacramental marriage!
If you wish to consider the possibility of getting married in this parish the following documents are offered to provide guidance and to help you in having your request accepted…
1. Letter of Welcome and Introduction to the Weddings Policy This letter is a simple introduction to the spiritual and pastoral issues which underpin our parish policy on weddings.
2. The Weddings Policy of the Parish of Lisdoonvarna and Kilshanny This document outlines parish policy on weddings in the four Churches of the parish. It is important that those seeking permission to have weddings in this parish would understand, appreciate and accept all elements of the policy.
3. Letter of Recommendation of the Parish Priest of the Bride This form is to be completed by the bride’s parish priest and included with the request.
4. Letter of Recommendation of the Parish Priest of the Groom This form is to be completed by the groom’s parish priest and included with the request.
5. The Delegation Request This form is to be completed by the Catholic deacon, priest or bishop who will visit the parish to preside over the wedding. It is to be included with the request.
6. Request to book a Wedding in the Parish of Lisdoonvarna and Kilshanny This is the formal request from the couple for permission to have their wedding in this parish. It is to be accompanied by all of the requested enclosures.
Getting Married in the Church – New Requirements for Civil Registration This document contains some advice on handling the civil requirements in advance of the wedding.